Thursday, April 4, 2013

Love Letters

Dear Friends,

This past March, I found such inspiration in styling a shoot for my dear friends, Jodi & Kurt (Jodi Miller Photography).  They bring so much beauty into my world.

Thinking along the lines of tragic heroines like Anna Karenina & Fanny Brawne, we hoped to tell a story of love and loss through letters.  Everything was styled and shot at The Lady Jane.  I truly hope you enjoy.

Until Soon,
Sara / "Jane" xo 




For myself I know not how to express my devotion to so fair a form:
I want a brighter word than bright, a fairer word than fair.

I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days
— three such days with you I could fill with more delight than
fifty common years could ever contain.

  -John Keats, from a letter to his love

 
 
  
finally alone, she allows herself thoughts of him

  



she pauses to put on the last dress she wore when they were together









familiar scents bring back vivid memories



usually, she keeps these thoughts carefully locked away



but on this night, she revels in memories of him




she fights the temptation to write him after all this time 

for in the end, these secret memories must be enough

  
with his words in hand, she dreams of him, 
knowing that when morning comes,
these memories must return

to the furthest recesses of her heart...






Credits:
Model: Svetlana
Dresses: BCBG Max Azria &
Badgley Mischka via Rent the Runway  
Lace envelopes: Sunshine & Rainflowers 

Special thanks to our model, Svetlana.
Eternal gratitude to Jodi & Kurt, for believing from the first.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought to share? Please jot it down, I'd love to hear!